Does your baby bump get in the way of your usual buttock stretch? Here is a great stretch on all fours to do in the later stages of your pregnancy.
1. On your hands and knees, more your left knee away from your arms.
2. Move your right foot in between your left arm and knee. The closer the right foot is to your left hand/elbow the harder the stretch is.
3. Straighten your left leg out behind you.
4. Stay on your hands or if you want a deeper stretch lean down on your elbows.
5. Hold for at least 30seconds and repeat on the other side.
Buttock stretching is great to relieve and prevent back pain! I recommend daily stretching in the later stages of pregnancy to prepare your hips and pelvis for labour.
I'm Melanie, a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist.
Like what you see?
Take your FREE
Pelvic Floor Quiz