- Get your swiss ball and put it in the small of your back against a wall.
- Walk your feet out about 1 metre from the wall and find your neutral pelvis. Have your trunk and neck tall.
- Lower your body down so your thighs are parallel to the ground and your knee’s are in line with your ankles.
- Hold here for 1 minute and use this as a labour challenge. If you're struggling, come up a little so you aren't as low but try and hold some part of the squat for the whole minute.
- Try your best to hold your pelvic floor muscles on for the whole squat.
- Focus on your breathing. Deep, long slow breaths in through the nose and out though the mouth.
- Work on your distraction techniques: think about each part of your body, starting with your toes and work your way up to the ankles, knees, hips, back, chest and neck. Relax your shoulders and keep your neck tall.
- If you get distracted by the pain re-focus on your breathing, your body parts and the love you will feel when you hold your baby for the first time. Your mind is what controls you.
Now you might be asking how is this like labour? Well they are similar in that they hurt, you will want to stop but they END! Labour will end and you will get a gorgeous little baby to love forever.
Try this exercise twice a week until you give birth and find what distraction techniques work for you, everyone is different.
I'd love to know how you go with this exercise, leave me a comment below if you could do the whole minute.