- Get your swiss ball and put it in the small of your back against a wall.
- Walk your feet out about 1 metre from the wall and find your neutral pelvis. Have your trunk and neck tall.
- Lower your body down so your thighs are parallel to the ground and your knee’s are in line with your ankles.
- Hold here for 1 minute and use this as a labour challenge. If you're struggling, come up a little so you aren't as low but try and hold some part of the squat for the whole minute.
- Try your best to hold your pelvic floor muscles on for the whole squat.
You're going to love this squat exercise as a labour challenge! Use your mind to push yourself through the squat just like you will through labour.
So let's talk nursery. How much fun are you having thinking about and planning your nursery? Well some of you might find it a bit overwhelming. So I'm here to give you another perspective when choosing your furniture.
I'm not giving any styling advice whatsoever, my advice comes from a postural point of view with the idea to prevent you from having back pain.
Firstly where are you going to feed your child?
If you choose to have a chair here's some things to think about.
I'm Melanie, a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist.
Like what you see? Subscribe today and get your FREE Pelvic Floor Test.